A few years ago, after reading Beth Moore’s amazing Praying God’s Word, I discovered the joy of praying scripture over various things that were important to me. I love praying Scripture over my marriage, my children, our health, etc. And one day, a day in which I was experiencing a lot of fear and doubt regarding my writing and blogging, I realized I should be praying Scripture for myself as a blogger and writer.
Prayer in and of itself is powerful. When you combine it with Scripture, well, let’s just say you should be prepared to see some mighty things happen.
Below are some of my favorite Scriptures I like to pray for my writing and my blog. I’m sure there’s plenty more, but this list should get you started in praying over your writing and blogging ministry. Feel free to print them out and pray them over your writing and blog.
20 Scriptures to Pray As a Blogger and Writer
- Pray that you would write not in your own power, but equipped with God’s power. “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
- Pray that you would be focused on your calling and purpose as a writer/blogger. “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners, and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Luke 4:18-19/Isaiah 61:1-2
- Pray that you would be focused on God’s approval, more than people’s. “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Galatians 1:10
- Pray against Satan’s attacks regarding your worth as a writer/blogger. “Put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.” Ephesians 4:13-17
- Pray that you would share God’s messages without fear. “Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” Ephesians 4:19
- Pray that you would be obedient to your calling to write. “I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.” Psalm 71:16-18
- Pray for wisdom regarding your writing/blogging ministry. “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
- Pray that you would be diligent to continue sharing God’s message with others through your writing/blogging and in every aspect of your life. “Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.” 1 Timothy 4:13-16
- Pray that you would find a godly writing community, or if you’re already part of one, that you would be an encouraging member. “Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
- Pray that those who need to read your message will find it and be changed by it. “For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.” Col 1:9
- Pray that you would not be distracted by comparing your writing/blogging ministry to others’. “We will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.” Galatians 5:26 MSG
- Pray that you would not get discouraged from writing/blogging. “Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.” 2 Cor 4:1
- Pray that you would use the word of God accurately to encourage and teach others. “As for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:14-16
- Pray that your writing/blogging ministry would be blessed. “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me…” 1 Chronicles 4:10
- Pray that your words will have the power to nurture and heal. “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24
- Pray that you would be patient with where God has you in your writing/blogging journey. “The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures and they do not mature. But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by patience produce a crop.” Luke 8:14-15
- Pray that God would use your experiences to impact His kingdom in your writing/blogging ministry. “They overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” Revelation 12:11a
- Pray that you would persevere in your writing and blogging efforts, despite obstacles or discouragement. “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- Pray that you and your writing/blogging would be completely surrendered to God and used for His glory. “Therefore, I urge you in view of God’s mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:1-2
- Pray that God would equip you with all you need to accomplish His will in your writing/blogging ministry. “May the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:20-21
What Scriptures encourage you in your blogging/writing ministry?