Resources To Help You Pray Scripture
A few years ago, after reading Beth Moore's amazing Praying God's Word, I discovered the joy of praying scripture over various things that were important to me. I love praying God's word over my family, marriage, my children, etc.
Why You Should Pray Scripture
- God gave us His word and He wants us to pray. When you combine the two spiritual disciplines of reading the Word and praying by praying scripture, it will help you apply God's word to your life while growing deeper in your prayer life.
- Praying scripture honors God by using His own words to praise Him and pray to Him.
- We tend to pray for things WE want, but praying scripture will help align your desires with what HE wants. And when our desires are aligned, that's when we're most likely to see God move powerfully in our prayers.
- If you don't know how to pray about something, you can find a scripture that will help you say it, deepening your prayer language.
Prayer in and of itself is powerful. When you combine it with God's word, well, let's just say you should be prepared to see some mighty things happen!
Please subscribe and join me in the journey of praying scripture. You'll receive printable lists of some of the scriptures listed below.
Most popular praying scripture lists to pray:
The sky is the limit as to how to use these lists and grow in your practice of praying scripture.
- Feel free to print out the lists of scriptures to guide you as you pray.
- Personalize the scriptures to pray with the specific things you need in that area.
- Consider focusing on only one scripture to pray each day, making it a month-long praying scripture challenge.